Alexandra Adornetto, born 18 April 1993, is an Australian author who writes for children and young adults. Her works include The Strangest Adventures series, the Halo trilogy and The Ghost House Saga.
Quotes on writing:
- It’s a tough industry, but don’t be put off. I believe if you want something badly enough and you’re willing to work at it, then you’ll succeed.
- I do chapter breakdowns so I know vaguely what’s going to happen in each one. All I need to know is the basic outline of what’s going to happen and the story tends to write itself.
- The best advice I can give [aspiring writers] is to believe in their work. I think that’s the key as well as being receptive to criticism and feedback. That’s the only way to really develop your skills as a writer.
- When you open a book and take a first hesitant glance at the page before you, the crucial factor that determines whether to continue reading or disregard the book in disappointment is the opening sentence.
- I was not too impressed with human language; it seemed absurdly limited. There was so much that couldn’t be put into words. That was one of the saddest things about people – their most important thoughts and feelings often went unspoken.