Alan Annand is a writer of crime fiction, offering a creative mix of mystery, suspense, thriller and occult genres. When he’s not dreaming up ingenious ways to kill people and thrill readers, he occasionally finds therapy in writing humor, short fiction, faux news and reviews.
He previously worked as an underground surveyor, a technical writer for the railway industry, a human resources manager, and a corporate writer/editor for private and public sectors.
Currently, he divides his time between writing in the AM, astrology in the PM, and meditation on the OM. For those who care, he’s an Aries with a dash of Scorpio.
- Al-Quebeca, police procedural mystery/thriller, Sextile, Toronto
- Antenna Syndrome, hardboiled SF mystery, Sextile, Toronto
- Felonious Monk, mystery series New Age Noir #2, Sextile, Toronto
- Harm’s Way, mystery/thriller (rewritten for re-issue), Sextile, Toronto
- Hide in Plain Sight, mystery/suspense, Sextile, Toronto
- Scorpio Rising, mystery series New Age Noir #1, Sextile, Toronto
- Harm’s Way, mystery/thriller, St. Martin’s Press, New York
- Commando Attack, WW2 military, Tower Publications, New York
- Bearknife Gold, action adventure, Tower Publications, New York
- Skyraiders, WW2 military, Tower Publications, New York
- The Antenna Syndrome, sci-fi, Tower Publications, New York
- The Paper Bag Princess, 30-minute kids’ animation for the “Bunch of Munsch” series, CINAR, Montreal
- David’s Father, 15-minute kids’ animation for the “Bunch of Munsch” series, CINAR, Montreal
- Till Death Do Us Part, 30-min mystery radio drama, CBC Radio Arts, Montreal
- Authors’ Guild of America, New York
- Crime Writers of Canada, Toronto
Alan Annand has 30 years experience consulting and teaching. A graduate of the British Faculty of Astrological Studies, specializing in relationship and career analysis, he later served as the Faculty’s North American tutor for students across Canada, USA & Mexico.
Co-founder of the Astrological Society of Montreal, he was President for several years, functioning as principal teacher and media rep. In the heyday of the 80s, he spoke at several national conferences.
He studied Vedic astrology and palmistry in New Mexico and California, and was later certified by the American College of Vedic Astrologers. He has an active practice in Toronto, with frequent visits to Montreal, and distance consultations with clients throughout North America and Europe.
- Diploma, British Faculty of Astrological Studies
- Diploma, American College of Vedic Astrologers
- “The World in Your Hands (Palmistry & Planets)”, WellBeing Astrology Magazine, 2010
- “Carlos Castaneda & the Myth of Don Juan”, The ACVA Journal, Spring 2009
- “When Mercury Goes Retro”, The Mountain Astrologer, June/July 2008
- “Clifford Olson’s Life of Crime”, The FCA Journal, Summer 1986
- “Mayan Astrology”, American Astrology, February 1982
- Vedic astrology & palmistry: www.navamsa.com